Poudre School District, located in Fort Collins, Colorado, serves approximately 27,000 students and includes 50 schools. PSD, the 9th largest school district in Colorado, covers 1,856 square miles in northern Colorado, including Fort Collins, Laporte, Timnath, Wellington, Red Feather, Livermore, Stove Prairie, and parts of Windsor.
Vision: Poudre School District exists to support and inspire every child to think, to learn, to care, and to graduate prepared to be successful in a changing world.
Mission: Educate...Every Child, Every Day
Learn more by checking out the following information:
Relocating to Fort Collins? We welcome you to explore the educational opportunities available in PSD. Information for new families and student registration forms are available online.
District Performance & Accountability
We are proud of the accomplishments and achievements of our schools. You will also find district performance data at the Colorado Department of Education's SchoolView website.
About Our Area
Nestled against the foothills of the Rocky Mountains and alongside the banks of the Cache La Poudre River, Fort Collins is located 5,000 feet above sea level and has a moderate climate with an average of 300 days of sunshine and 14.5 inches of precipitation a year.
Fort Collins has been recognized as a choice city and has received many awards.
- Ranked best place to live/work for young professionals by Next Generation Consulting (June 2009)
- Named #1 place in Colorado to raise a family by Business Week (2008)
- Named America's No. 2 best small city by Money Magazine (2008)
- Named America's No. 1 best place to live by Money Magazine (2006)
- Ranks #4 of 50 best places to live in the United States as selected by Men's Journal (2003)
- #1 Best Place to Reinvent Your Life as determined by AARP Magazine (2003)
- Ranks second in the nation as a digital city according to the 2002 Digital Cities Survey
- Voted 17th Best Place to Live and Work in America by the Employment Review (2002)